Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Festival of Trails 2011



This is my bud John. John had a BMW GS 1000 w/ a bicycle rack on it very similar to mine. It was similar because he made the supporting structure to my rack. John is an incredibly good friend of mine. The bike he's riding is a fully customed Monocog that he bought from me - he did some amazing work to it and has made it a very trail worthy ride. With what he's put into it, i suspect that it would survive a nuclear explosion.
Both John and I were fortunate enough to be able to take a trip up to a magical land called chequamegon this summer for something called The Festival of Trails put together by CAMBA, Trek, SRAM, among others.
The event featured a night ride, an event called "taste of trails" where local restaurants pimped their wares trailside along the singletrack, as well as "tour de trails" and some great raffles/prizes. Probably some of the best times I can ever recall having on a mountain bike were spent here. I managed to meet a lot of great people and eat some really good food. This is an event that I plan on introducing some of my friends to for next year - it was an amazing time.
During our stay we managed to do Rock Lake, twice, and ride a few times from the trail head to OO as well as the one in front of Rosie's Field. It is pretty remarkable just how different the terrain is as you traverse from Rock Lake to OO. One day I hope to go up just to ride a connection between the two if at all possible. CAMBA does such amazing work on their trail system.

Free hats are almost always a good thing. Almost. SRAM was handing out free 10 gallon hats for our 5 gallon heads and black socks with pink lettering. Very comfortable but very ridiculous looking apparel. Especially on me (not pictured intentionally).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment