Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Suzuki Vstrom


This is the machine I use to traverse the landscape of Wisconsin. Or, at least it is the machine I prefer to use.




A little about the bike.
It's a 2007 Suzuki Vstrom 650. A pretty fair mid-sized bike in my opinion however others will say that it is small, especially considering there are cruisers with engines that displace larger that 1800 cubic inches. For me though, it has plenty of get up and go.
The bike of course is stock with the exception of some new dual-sport tires (not pictured), an Amotostuff skidplate, some Givi panniers and racks and oh yeah... the bike rack.
The bike rack is something that sure makes the ride unique. Often people will come up to me and say "I've never seen anything like that before" or something similar. I really have no idea how to respond to that comment since what are you supposed to say anyways?
I bet you're wondering if it affects handling. If so, yes. It does. It rides very similar to a pillion on the back with the exception that it doesn't talk, whine, complain, bitch, blame or nag. Outside of that it is great with exception to either 35mph+ cross winds when travelling above 55mph or gusting crosswinds.
A little about the bike on the bike, or the dingy.
It's a 2011 Trek Hifi Pro "Goodbye Gary" edition.
As you can imagine since it is a 2011, it is something that I just purchased this year. As far as bikes go, it was rather different bike to get used to... 29" wheels, 4" of travel, and a very in-between geometry. Long story short, I am very happy with it and would definitely make the same choice if I knew then what I know now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment