Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Backyard Visitors

I never see anything interesting while I work at home.
Working in a 12x18 sparcely decorated room with the blinds drawn doesn't an exciting
work day make. Every once in a while though, something happens that makes the typical,
atypical.
Last summer, or maybe two summers ago, a turkey decided that the area underneath
my porch would be a proper place to roost. Well... I am not afraid of turkeys but let me tell you that when the thing jumped out from beneath my porch with me on it, I was ill-prepared.
This summer a young deer, maybe 1-2 years old jumped into my neighbors yard. It jumped and hit my fence which is about 5 foot tall. it barely didn't make it - I doubt it could have done it twice.
Had it made it in - I would have had a pet deer. Or sausage and steaks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment